Copy RDS Snapshots Between AWS Accounts
Amazon announced the ability to share and copy RDS snapshots between AWS accounts. More information about the announcement can be seen here:
Copying your RDS snapshots can be a valuable tool:
- Make an extra copy of your data in another account to prevent complete data loss in the event of an account breach, as happened to Code Spaces.
- Copy your production data to a development account
We have added support for RDS snapshot sharing to Skeddly actions:
- Create RDS Snapshots - Once the RDS snapshot has been completed, it can be copied to another region and/or to another AWS account
- Copy RDS Snapshots - Copy your RDS snapshots between regions and/or between accounts
Try It Today
Backup your RDS instances with a complete snapshot workflow:
- Discover your RDS instances to backup
- Create the RDS snapshots
- Tag the RDS snapshots for cost allocation and cataloging
- Copy the RDS snapshots to other regions and accounts for disaster recovery
- Delete old RDS snapshots
Sign-up for our 30 day free trial or sign-in to your Skeddly account to get started today.